Coming to you today with a super easy and quick recipe. This is one of those kitchen creations that started out as a refrigerator clean-out gig, but has become one of our weekly household favorites! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Yields: 2-4 servings
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, washed
- 2 tbsp. grassfed butter
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 handfuls of kale, torn into small pieces
- 1 avocado, cubed
- Rub both sweet potatoes with butter, and season generously with salt.
- You can prepare the sweet potatoes however you wish, but my favorite method is the microwave! Poke each sweet potato with a fork a few times. Microwave potatoes for 7-8 minutes, or until soft to the touch. Wrap potatoes in foil, and set aside.
- Melt coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add ground pork, and cook until slightly browned. Season with garlic, onion, parsley, salt & pepper.
- Add kale and continue to stir until it becomes wilted – 5 minutes or so.
- Slice sweet potatoes in half and spoon pork/kale mixture over them. Top with cubed avocado.