I love parsnips — they are easily one of my favorite sources of a good carb. I love them mashed. But it’s easier to roast them, and that’s what I do most often. Here’s a quick and easy way you can prepare them.
- 1 lb. parsnips (about 4-5 large), peeled & chopped
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Try to chop your parsnips in pieces that are even in size — sometimes the tips can be really slender.
- Place the chopped parsnips in an 8×8 baking dish, and toss with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, mix the spices together. Sprinkle the spices over your parsnips and give them another toss until they’re well coated.
- Roast in the oven for a total of 30 minutes — stir them around at 15 minutes for even cooking and browning.