Maybe if I create and blog about a cool & crisp slaw the weather will change? Maybe? Probably not. …but I’m willing to try it. You can try it, too!
Sometimes I work at 6am. That means that it’s really cold when I go outside, and I don’t like it. I don’t like it one bit. When I squat into my car my jacket and shirt come up just a little bit and my lower back touches the cold leather seat…and I get pretty pissed off. Every single time. I don’t like getting pissed off in the first hour that I’m awake…and I don’t like being that cold that early. Enough is enough. Let’s hope for HOT weather together, yes!?
Make this slaw — enjoy it! 🙂
- 4 cups cabbage, shredded (I like a mixture of green & red)
- 1 green apple, julienned
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp. fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Mix EVERYTHING in a big bowl and toss it up. Simple.
- I like to make this slaw ahead of time, because letting it sit in the fridge allows the cabbage to soften a bit.
- You can eat it right away if you have a strong jaw — me? Mine is little and delicate.