Here’s a quick side dish for ya, folks. Super simple and easy one; hope you enjoy!
- 1/2 head red cabbage, thinly sliced/shredded
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, thinly sliced (I used a Gala and left the skin on)
- 1/4 c. dried cranberries (try to find a variety that doesn’t have added sugar)
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp. caraway seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cabbage — toss to get them all covered in the melted butter. Allow the cabbage to cook down a bit — 5 minutes or so.
- Add the sliced apples, toss to combine, and continue to cook another 5 minutes or so — you will start to see your cabbage has softened quite a bit.
- Add the cranberries, apple cider vinegar, rosemary, caraway seeds, salt and pepper. Cover the skillet and continue to cook 5-10 more minutes or until the cabbage is softened to your liking.