Well, it’s definitely grilling season again. There’s just that feeling in the air. The weather is warm and nothing sounds better than sitting outside to enjoy it. I don’t know about ya’ll, but in Texas we do a lot of sitting outside! The best way to do it? With family, and lots of good food over that fire of course.
Jason has a thing about getting a fire lit. He hates doing it for just a few things. In his mind — if he’s going to get a fire going you better bring all you can and get it cooked! Veggies are a great addition to the grill. They balance out your meal and allow you to spend more time outside where the fun is at.
Ever put anything interesting on the grill? What are your favorite things to put on the fire?
Here’s a super easy recipe for grilling cauliflower “steaks”. You could certainly season these any way you want — get creative with different herbs. You could also separate the florets and cook them in a grill basket, but I think leaving them in thick slices is even easier. Not to mention you get a different presentation — and that’s always fun.
- 1 head cauliflower, any color — mine just happened to be purple
- 1/4 c. EV olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by slicing your head of cauliflower into 1/2″ slices. Some of the florets will come apart, but that’s okay. You can snack on those in the meantime.
- Meanwhile, whisk the olive oil, mustard, oregano and basil together.
- Lay out your cauliflower slices and brush the oil/mustard dressing on each side. Really slather it on! Reserve some of the dressing for brushing while they’re on the grill.
- Sprinkle each side with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Over a medium-low heat grill each side for around 5 minutes. Once you flip them brush the top with your reserved dressing.
- Completely optional — when ours were hot of the grill I sprinkled them with some of Kerrygold’s Dubliner. Ooooh yeah.